Local Project Support Program - Arts and Culture 2020/2021
The announcement for the LPSP grants of fiscal year 2020/2021 has been updated! Deadline of application has changed, meanwhile the information required for application has increased. Please read the General Guidelines thoroughly before applying!
The Japan Foundation Budapest considers the prevention of the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) of utmost importance, therefore the applying projects must comply with the safety regulations of the host country. Accordingly, it is required that applicants indicates the epidemiological regulations of their country, as well as the planned preventive measures for the duration of the project in the relevant box of the Application Form.
This program is designed to provide partial assistance for implementing projects related to Japanese culture and arts, with the aim of enhancing cultural exchange between Japan and Hungary and other Central and Eastern Eurpean countries.
- Eligibility of Applicants
- Non profit-making projects/events that help to promote the international cultural exchange between Japan and the applicant country.
- Institutions which have enough capability for execute the grant project according to the plan.
- The applying projects should be in the arts (e.g. exhibition, performing arts, film screenings, music, dance, and literature),as long as the content is wholly or for the most part related to Japan.
- NEW: Projects implemented online are eligible!
- Religious and political activities are not eligible.
- Solo show, solo performance or recital may be given lower priority.
- From 2018, film screening projects fall under the grant program 'Local Project Support Program - Film Showing', which has different guidelines and application form. For futher information, please visit the link below:
- Eligible projects
Projects should commence on or after April 1, 2020 and be completed by March 20, 2021 in consideration of the end of the Japanese fiscal year 2020, which is March 31, 2021.
- Grant coverage
Only specific items such as travel expenses, honorarium and cost to cover hire of venue, printing/publicity costs etc. We can not fund preliminary project research or development. We cannot support the travel expenses to Japan.Before making a formal application, please carefully read the General Guidelines (downloadable below). If you require any further information, please contact our staff in charge.
- Number of grants
Only a select number of grants will be made in JFY 2020. Grant sizes vary according to project, with an upper limit of approx. 1000 Euros per grant, in principle. In priciple, the grant amount applied for can not exceed the half of the total budget.
- Application Deadlines
Different from previous years, in FY 2020-21 we accept applications in multiple rounds that have a set deadline.
1st Round: September 1, 2020 (for projects which take place between October 1, 2020 and March 20, 2021)
2nd Round: December 1, 2020 (for projects which take place between January 1, 2020 and March 20, 2021)
For projects which take place before October 1, 2020 applications should be submitted at least 1 month prior to the start of a project .
＊ With consideration of the unprecedented situation due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the protcol for reopening cultural activities being different in each country, applicants, who plan to implement a project in the First Round period, however may not be able to meet the deadline of September 1st because of uncertainties related to the epidemic situation, shall contact our staff in charge to discuss further options.
- Method of application
All documents shall be submitted in English! This fiscal year we only accept applications submitted electronically.
Please read the General Guidlines thoroughly. Before applying please do not hesitate to contact to our program staff in charge.
The Japan Foundation, Budapest
1062 Budapest, Aradi u. 8-10. Hungary
Tel.: (0036-1) 214-0775/6
Arts: Ms. Eniko Sato-Stumpf (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Literature: Ms. Timea Toth (email@example.com)
Documents needed beforhand:
Documents to be done after carrying out the project: