Traveling Lecture Program 2019/20
This cooperative program is designed to provide possibilities for universities or institutions in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe to supplement missing fields of individual universities and to widen the range of available fields and themes for students through the organization of joint lectures, workshops and seminars in the field of Japanese studies. In the traveling lecture scheme, individual universities are able to invite professors or scholars from this field in cooperation with the Japan Foundation, Budapest.
- Eligibility of Applicants
- Applicants must be universities or institutions which have Japanese Studies Departments or courses related to Japanese, based in Central and Eastern Europe. Eligible countries are: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, and Slovenia.
- Applicants must have the capacity necessary for implementing projects based on a detailed plan of action.
- The cooperation with or support from JFBP must not violate any laws, regulations, or ordinances in their countries.
- Eligible projects
- Projects should commence on or after September 1, 2019, and be completed by March 19, 2020.
- The length of a lecturer’s stay should be within one week.
- Projects should be of a non-profit nature that will enhance Japanese studies in the applying universities and in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe. However, projects in the field of natural science, medicine, manual training are not eligible.
-Lecturers must specialize in the field of Japanese Studies and belong to universities in Central and Eastern Europe or Austria.
- Financial background
The joint organization of the lectures require cost sharing between JFBP and the host university. JFBP shall cover the Lecturer’s honorarium, per diem and international travel expenses. The applicant shall provide the location, organize the lecture, and cover the accommodation fee and domestic transportation of the lecturer.
- Number of applications accepted
We are scheduled to approve 2 to 3 projects in JFY 2019.
- Application Deadlines
Applications should be submitted until 20th September, 2019.
Please contact JFBP staff before making a formal application in order to discuss eligibility and other pertinent matters. Application forms will be sent by e-mail upon request.
Please read the General Guidelines thoroughly. Before applying please do not hesitate to contact our program officers in the current fields.
The Japan Foundation, Budapest
1062 Budapest, Aradi u. 8-10. Hungary
Tel.: (0036-1) 214-0775/6
Contact info: TÓTH Tímea (Ms.)
The Japan Foundation Budapest